Bat Buster of Raleigh has over 14 years of experience in the Bat control industry
Bat Busters a Wildlife control company offering Bat & Wildlife Control to Apex, Holly Springs, Raleigh, Wake Forest, Cary North Carolina. We have been a leading force in Bat exclusion and removal in the triangle. We provide full service Bat control and exclusion to residents and business owners throughout the triangle and North Carolina.
Bats are common in many structures throughout the triangle including the following towns, Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Holly Springs and Wake Forest. We have provided Bat control solutions to over 7,000 businesses and homeowners in the last 14 years.
It’s February 2016 and spring is right around the corner, bats will start seeking out areas to roost for the summer over the next few months. Bats seek out roosting areas in March and start having babies in May. If you see or think that you have a bat issue please feel free to contact us so we can get ahead of the bats and you don’t have to wait through the birthing season.
Signs that you might have a Bat Infestation
1.Abundace of black droppings under gable vents on exterior of home or building
2. Strong odor coming from your attic area or when you walk around your house. The best way to described the smell of bat guano is if you have ever smelled a fresh mulch pile while it’s still steaming.
3. You will see discoloration around your exterior gable vents and areas on the roofline where your trim meets the roof edge. In most cases in will have a brownish tent.
4. If you go into your attic and see them in the gable vent areas which is the vents at the ends of your home.
5. If you hear a high pitch squeaking or scratching coming from the walls or ceilings.
When do Bats become a problem in Residential and Commercial structures?
Many people never notice they have a problem with bats until they have already made a roosting site within their structure. Bat’s here in North Carolina are in abundance and they seek out structures to set-up roosting sites to have their yearly pups. The fact that bats are in abundance in our areas leads to the reason why they take up residents in our attics and structures. Bats see attic areas as great places to have their pups because it’s out of the elements and the risk of predators is reduced.
Problems associated with Bat Infestations
1.Bats are known vectors for rabies here in North Carolina
2. The droppings called guano are associated with a fungal disease called Histoplasmosis it is an infection caused by breathing in spores of a fungus often found in bird and bat droppings. Histoplasmosis is most commonly transmitted when these spores become airborne.
3 The dropping cause a mess in attic areas due to the soiled insulation and guano build-up
4 Human contact with bats can lead to getting rabies vaccination that carries a hefty price tag.
What are the solutions and what do we do?
We provide bat exclusion through proper procedures that evict the bats roosting in your structure and seal the areas so the bats are not able to return.
Included in our Bat Control Exclusion Process
Removal of the roosting colony of Bats
Sealing and closure of all areas deemed entry areas for Bats
Clean and remove all guano and soiled building materials associated with the bat infestation.